It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon...

Well okay so this is my first attempt at blogging. All my friends are doing it, so why not give it a try. I've got a myspace page, but I don't do much with it. Anyway life is always pretty crazy at the Sims house. We are staying busy with the kids in school and all the activities and homework etc. that goes along with that.





We took our dog Mandy to the vet this week to get a lump on her belly checked. She had a mammery gland tumor. It wasn't huge but had grown a bunch in the last couple of weeks. She had surgery yesterday to have the tumor removed and they ended up taking the whole mammery gland with it. They are going to check the tumor to see if it is benign or malignant and we should know in a couple of weeks. I don't know what we will do if it is cancerous. They said the chance of recurrance is really high if it is. I felt like such a dork when I took her to the vet to leave her for surgery yesterday. I took her to the little kennel they had prepared for her and she cried when I put her in it and I left there all teary eyed too. It was almost like leaving one of my kids. It's strange how attached we get to these little animals in our lives. Mandy has been with our family for almost 8 years now. We are hoping for the best and a speedy recovery for her. She is a bit groggy and tired from her pain medications, but she is getting around.

No comments:

Our Family in Pictures