It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Milestones

This week we hit two big milestones in our family. It is really wild to think that we are doing so many things for the last time. I was really happy to potty train my last child and say goodbye to diapers. I was glad to get rid of bottles and happy to be done with sippy cups. The crib and changing table were a little hard to put away, but that has been a while ago now too.

This year we are in our last year of preschool. Tear tear. We have been at Community Preschool for 7 years now. I LOVE the teachers and the sense of community there. I have worked on the board for the last 4 years and have really enjoyed the time spent with the ladies there. But...yesteraday, I registered my baby for kindergarten. Milestone #1: our final kindergarten registration. (more tears) Well to be totally honest, I am quite excited that I will have more time for myself.

Then today, Milestone #2 was teaching the last of our children to ride a two wheel bike. Kyle took his own training wheels off his little bike and wanted to ride it. Since it was such a beautiful day (70 degrees) I decided to go ahead and take him out. And he was off. Here are a couple of pictures.

No comments:

Our Family in Pictures