It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Haircut

Yeah, I finally did it. After cutting my own hair for years (yes I said cutting my own hair) I finally went and had my hair cut by a pro. It has been about 6 years since my last professional haircut. I am by no means a pro and other than cutting my own hair and and easy trims for my girls, I have really only done Mike and the boys' buzz cuts. Call it laziness, lack of monetary funding, not a priority, whatever you like, I have just not done it.

Today I went in and thoroughly enjoyed getting my hair washed, cut, and styled. The place I went was so nice. They even had massage chairs while you were getting your hair washed. So I laid there on the massage chair and felt like I was in heaven having someone else wash my hair. It was truly a wonderful experience. I don't know how I have deprived myself for so long.
My stylist actually straightened my hair when she styled it. Something I haven't done in ages because it takes soooo long. My hair feels so good and healthy. Here are a couple of pics of the new do. Don't expect to see it straight after tomorrow though. It takes me almost an hour to blow dry my hair because it is so think.
If you live in the Loveland area and are looking for a great stylist, let me know and I will give you a referral card. They give a free gift certificate if I refer three people. That will almost get me a bit of color if I decide to do highlights to help hide the gray that is coming in ugh!!

I think I have decided that I need to do something like this every four months or so. I do need to make myself more of a priority sometimes. It was a rejuvenating experience.

No comments:

Our Family in Pictures