It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wow, it's been a while...

It's been a while since my last post, so bare with me, this one may be long.

A couple of weeks ago Mike and I took the kids up to Estes Park to go sledding. Well, I just watched and took pictures, since it was my first real outing since having surgery. We met Pete and the kids up there and we had a blast. MIke rented a couple of tubes and a snowboard. No one in our family has ever been on a snowboard before, so we thought it would be fun to let the kids try it out on the small hills. Here are some pictures from our day.
Going back a bit farther, Ryan participated in his first Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. He did a great job on his car and came in about 4th place I think. Here are a couple of pics from that night as well.This last week was the Blue and Gold Banquet and Ryan also earned his Wolf Badge and 6 arrowpoints. Go Ryan. Here ia a picture of him pinning me with my wolf pin.
Ryan also had a birthday and his dad made his day by getting him a BB gun.

Enough about Ryan...everyone else is doing great. Kaylee finished out a session of volleyball and played in the YW basketball tournament where our team finally won a game. Tiffany is taking part in a jump rope class at school and enjoys that. She is also preparing for tryouts for a city wide talent show. She will be singing "Love Song" by Taylor Swift. She is rally good, I
hope she makes it into the show. The tryouts are this Saturday. Jake is doing great he is enjoying the warmer weather we have been experiencing and riding his bike. Kyle is loving preschool and enjoys taking walks inthe park or to Grandma & Grandpa's house.

Mike is still traveling 3-4 days a week he is working in Las Vegas, Phoenix, New Mexico and some in Colorado. He stays really busy even on the weekends when he is home, but still manages to find some time for all of us. We are all grateful for his devotion to his job and how hard he works for us.
As for me, my arm is healing from my surgery. I have had a bunch of success on my T-shirt shop and continue to sell an average of about 8 shirts per day. It has been fun to watch this happen. Who knew I could do something like that. In addition, I am very excited about my digital scrapbook design work because it is developing into more than just a hobby as I have been picked up to sell my kits in an online store. I will have more information about that soon.
Well, that should catch us up pretty well for now. Hopefully I will be back again soon.

1 comment:

Nigel Flannery Livingston said...

That wasn't long at all.

My Pinewood Derby car went to the State Championship and then they discovered that Dad had weighted it with lead plates from his dental lab.

I got stripped of all my trophies. All the way back to the troop 119 PrintShop printout that I got from our troop Derby.

It was heart wrenching. Dad did say sorry.

But only once.

Our Family in Pictures