It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2 days in a row with doctors

Well, I decided to go to the doctor yesterday, for myself, which is something I really don't like to do. However for the last 6 days now I have had numbness in my left hand. It is constant and very annoying. So I called the doctor and went for my appointment which led to x-rays and further tests. I do not have answers yet other than the logical guess that it is a compressed nerve somewhere between my neck and my fingers. I hope to get this figured out and fixed soon because I am tired of the constant feeling that my hand is asleep. meanwhile, I have been trying to figure out what I might have done that could have injured my neck , shoulder, or elbow and all I can think of is a couple of weeks ago when I was coaching volleyball and took one of Kaylee's bullet overhand serves to the jaw. It definitely jarred my neck and hurt for a couple of days, but then it seemed fine for a week or two. My neck is sore again so I don't know if that is related to my numbness or not. I guess we will see.

I also talked to the doctor about some digestive issues I have been experiencing for many months and she is doing testing to get to the bottom of that as well. Oh joy!

Last night, Kyle was up a lot of the night with a croupy cough and trouble breathing, so it was back to the doctor again today. She put him on Orapred and hopefully tonight will be better. He sounded so terrible last night, I felt so bad for him that I let him sleep in my bed so I could have him close to me in case he had any more problems.

I've been busy, busy on my scrapbooking blog so go see what I have been up to. I think I have found another great hobby. Maybe this one can one day make me some money. Who knows.

Well, I guess that is it for now. See Ya!

2 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Michelle,
Kory had that happen! One day his arm just went numb and he couldn't really feel his fingers. Or, I guess he could, it just felt like they were on Novacane. They did all sorts of tests and CT Scans and found he had some trapped fluid in his spinal cord. Weird. Anyway, it basically just had to go away on its own. It took a while. He's also had the gut problems. Sounds like you two have a lot of the same issues. Maybe if you find out what's up with your guts you can let us know so we can look into that for Kory. :)

Whitings said...

I'm sorry to hear about the doctor visits! I hope it all gets figured out. I just posted a recipe for some yummy cookies that I'm sure wil pick you up!

Our Family in Pictures