It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm So Slow...Halloween and more

Wow, It has been a crazy week and a half. I have been busy working on stuff for my new Digi Scrap blog, PTO Book Fair, teaching my quarterly YW joint lesson, YW in Excellence, Halloween, Halloween Parties, preparing for Tiff's B-day party this week, and making preparations for a digi scrap Christmas Card Class I am teaching tomorrow night for our ward RS Enrichment Night. So, I just need to catch up on what has been going on in our Crazy, Wonderful Life.

First off, after about 3 weeks of working from home, Mike is officially traveling again. He is now working on a job in Las Vegas managing the remodel of 54 McDonald's to add the new McCafe. He is taking over for someone who is far less organized than him and the last 2 weeks have been long and busy. He has still made it home for weekends though which makes me happy. The advantage to working on a job in Vegas is that we have friends and family there that he can visit making his evenings much less lonely. Yeah!

Kaylee started with a new Volleyball team practicing in a nearby town. She LOVES volleyball and just can't seem to get enough of it. She had a super Halloween Bash on Halloween here at our house. Several of her friends came over for the night. They seemed to have a lot of fun. We had set up the unfinished basement as a movie theater for the night. We moved the extra couches from the loft down to the basement, used a carpet scrap and projected a movie on the basement walls. It was pretty cool. In addition we strung cobwebs, hung spooky lights, and had dry ice in the punch.

Tiffany is getting ready for her birthday party this week. She is excited to be turning 11 on Monday. YIKES!!! She is loving being the Student Council President at school and is enjoying reading Twilight.
Ryan is obsessed with Legos lately. He made a plane and has not let anyone take it apart.

Jake is running constantly. He enjoys the park across the street and playing with his new friend Daniel.

Kyle has finally learned to say his K and G sounds. I was beginning to wonder if those sounds would ever come to him, but he finally got them. I am still reminding him of proper pronunciation when he says words using these sounds, but he can say them and he is getting it. How nice it is to hear him say his name as Kyle not Tile.

We had a great ward party and trunk or treat. The theme was Indiana Jones and they had lots of carnival type games for the kids to play. It was a super fun night! Halloween was lots of fun. The kids got way too much candy. Here are some pictures of them in their costumes.
Kyle the Bat, Ryan as Harry Potter, Jake the Power Ranger, and Tiffany the cheerleader. KAylee decided she was too old to dress up this year. Tear Tear, no pictures of her.

So like I said in the beginning, I have been pretty busy. I have been busy designing for my new scrapbook blog and have a scrapbook kit that I hope to release next week. If you are into Digital Scrapbooking, you will have to bookmark my blog and check back often for Freebies. You ca find it at JustForYouDigiScraps.blogspot.com Tomorrow night I am teaching a class for our RS Enrichment about making your own Photo Christmas Cards. I am really excited about it and hope it turns out to be fun. I am also really excited because the other night I bought my tickets fr Twilight the movie. I cannot wait to see it yippee! Well, I suppose I better run for now. See Ya!

1 comment:

Whitings said...

Sniff sniff Kaylee! I was dressing up when I was in high school! Oh well. Your kids look awesome though. I especially loved Harry Potter, not only did the costume look great, but I am a huge Harry Potter fan! So Hannah got engaged, really? You have to tell her congratulations for me, that is awesome. Do you know anything about him or their situation? Have you heard aout CHelsi?

Our Family in Pictures