It"s a Crazy Wonderful Life

This is a blog about my family and the crazy life in the Sims Household. We have 5 children, ranging from 14 to 5, and seem to be going in all different directions sometimes. The purpose of this blog is to help keep our friends and family up to date on what is going on in our lives.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vegas Here We Come!!!

Well, we are off to Las Vegas tomorrow. So today I am running around like crazy getting everything ready for our trip. I am finishing the laundry, packing the suitcases, cleaning the house (who wants to come home to a messy house, right), packing entertainment for the kids for our 13 hour drive tomorrow, and making final preparations for girl's camp before I leave.

Wow, it is all so exhausting! I am looking forward to a relaxing visit with my family. So far we really haven't planned much. I know we will be going to a baseball game with Steve and Jeff and some of the kids' cousins on Saturday night and sometime while we are there we will be doing a pizza night (view some cool pics of the last one here)with all of the family as has become tradition. Thanks to Carlee's post, I think we will have to stop in at The Cheesecake Factory on the 30th and maybe try some her other food suggestions too while we are at it. But other than that, I hope to lounge around the pool, relax, and visit.


I am so looking forward to spending some time with my grandpa. We haven't been able to see him much int he last 4 years(or ever for that matter) due to the fact that he lives in Hawaii and his health has made it nearly impossible for him to travel. When we heard he would be spending his summer in Vegas we knew we had to make this trip. The kids haven't seen him since right after Kyle was born and I haven't seen him in 3 years. I can't wait to spend some time with him. I will have to get an updated one of these pictures next week too.
This is the last picture I have of my kids with their Grandpa Great.

Of course I am also looking forward to seeing all of my brothers and their children as well as my dad and Kay too. It will be a fun week.

1 comment:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I'm so jealous! Be sure to get a shake at In-N-Out, and of course some cheesecake. Sad for me.

Our Family in Pictures